Sunday 1 June 2014

GARDEN COPYCAT

I am not a gardener. I have never really gardened properly at all. In my last house I stuck in some plants around May time on a sunny weekend and then literally did nothing again for the next two years. I am determined that now I own the house I live in that I'm going to make more of an effort. I found the perfect garden to copy at Barn at the Bury Court! The main problem with this idea is my garden is about a tenth of the size but I still found a few flowers that I have to have in my garden! I'm aiming for a traditional English cottage-style garden with wide boarders and flowers tall enough to hide in. 


Astrantia Major 'Claret'



 I wish I had a big enough garden to do exactly what they've done in this garden. I love all the different green textures and the total absence of grass in most of it. I bet weeding it is a right pain though! One of the flowers I haven't managed to identify that I REALLY want to know is in the photo below in the bottom right corner. If you can help pleeeease let me know what it is!




Peony 'Buckeye Belle'


Papaver Orientale 'Manhatten'


Allium 'Purple Sensation'




I think this might be a Siberian Iris...


Happy Experimenting!

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean the pink one bottom right of the photo? If so it is Valerian. Really easy to grow, you see it all over hedgerows and at the base of walls in the south. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! That can go on my list of lovely easy border plants to get then. Thank you so much :)

      Delete