Tuesday 3 June 2014

A WEDDING FOR UNDER £600!

Today I was listening to 'You and Yours' on BBC Radio 4.They had an interesting piece about the cost of weddings nowadays (average being approx £20,000). There seemed to be two sides to the argument. 

First was:

 "It's the most perfect day of your life and you want to really make it memorable and enjoyable for all the guests. If the budget gets away from you then so be it." 

Second was:

"In this day and age when getting a house deposit together is hard enough why on earth would you spend £20,000 on a wedding?! If friends and family chip in you can have a great day without breaking the bank." 

I am very much of the opinion DO WHAT YOU WANT, IT'S YOUR WEDDING.

I personally have decided not to marry at all, unless I have a really good (unsentimental) reason to do so. That doesn't mean I didn't get a little misty eyed when two of my friends got hitched last week. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy every single glass of champagne that came my way during the toasts either. Last week I also experienced my dream wedding. My brother and his girlfriend, who are both students, had an impromptu wedding which I'd like to share. Some may not get it, but it was awesome AND it cost less than £600!

York Registry Office Ceremony and Room for 8 Guests - £200


Bouquet and buttonhole (Made by me as a wedding present) - £40




Tasty Wedding Cake - Wedding Present 
Personalised Cake Toppers - Wedding Present
Chips/Dips/Champagne back at their flat after the ceremony - £40


'Wedding Breakfast' at Lo Spuntino - £250




After all, the main thing is whether the bride and groom are happy, isn't it?
They look happy to me. Congratulations little brother.

Congratulations guys!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone looks so happy, it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete