Thursday 22 May 2014

TILES TILES TILES


About a year ago I started a tile collection. Here's a selection of what I have so far. I think I have a subliminal thing for the colour brown. So fashionable! The first was a gift from family, the second a gift from the other half and the last my own purchase. I use them as coasters mainly. I did have the idea to use a mish mash of lots of different tiles as a back splash in the kitchen, but then I found my emerald green 20s tiles (Lucky Finds) so that idea took a back seat. Maybe in the next house? It'd be lovely to group them together somewhere and by then I might actually have enough to do a whole kitchen :)





Having a collection of lovely things actually makes me really happy. Each object ends up having a particular memory or story attached to it in your head. It's like keeping a diary. I am blatantly going to spend the rest of the day ebaying tiles and broken clocks, though where's the memory in that? Maybe I should just wait until they pop up unexpectedly.

Happy Collecting!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I love the encaustic one. My hearth tiles are a mishmash of Victorian tiles, its quite overwhelming pattern wise, but I love it! Now I have an excuse to buy odd tiles!
    R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The encaustic one is only 7 x 7 cm so it's really cute! There are a huge number at my local reclamation yard in Oldbury so I'm gonna stock up next time I'm there. Some are a beautiful pale blue and green :)

      Delete