Thursday 15 May 2014

LUSTREWARE


When I was about 16 I found this lovely lusterware tea set in an antiques place in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.  If you are ever up that way there are loads of very good and reasonable antiques shops and the town itself is lovely too. 

Lusterware is a type of pottery that has a metallic sheen. The wedding ring cushion I got off ebay for a few pounds and the little Bakelite picture frame was from an antiques place on Pershore Road in Birmingham.



I only have one other little bit of lustreware in the house, although I want more. The fireplace in our dining room is tiled and the central decoration includes tiny little lustreware tiles. The fireplace has to be my favourite thing in the whole house.







4 comments:

  1. The fireplace looks amazing..also love the lustreware. I have a miniature orange lustreware teaset...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a miniature one! Sounds fantastic. I'm in love with my fireplace. Only took a month to strip the french polish (!) but was well worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I think I recognise that ginger dude....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he's a famous archaeologist.

    ReplyDelete