Monday 26 May 2014

REME VINTAGE JACKET


Yesterday I spent a lovely day in Hampshire at a wedding. We were incredibly lucky with the weather and spent an afternoon drinking Champagne in the beautiful gardens at Bury Court (http://www.burycourtbarn.com/). I've had my vintage military jacket for about 3 years now but still didn't know what part of the army it was from. Thankfully some of the other guests filled me in. Apparently it's a REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) uniform. 




 I had a quick look at the records and there appears to be two Symes in REME during the 1940s. I can't quite believe the uniform is that old but you never know. They were definitely built to last!

The best part of my outfit for me though was how much fun it was spinning in THAT skirt during the ceilidh in the evening :D I am now permanently attached to it for the rest of summer and I will be twirling everywhere instead of walking.

Outfit:

Jacket: Vintage
Top: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Fiona McGuinness
Necklace: Charity Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment