Friday 7 November 2014

SWEET PEA HAND-TIE

Back when the days were long and the fragrant sweet peas were out my friend celebrated her 26th birthday. I don't think enough flowers are given nowadays. Yes they are quite expensive given they die in a week or two. I get that it seems a little frivolous, but with a little effort even supermarket flowers can be made to look a bit special. 


I found these sweet peas in Waitrose for less than the price of a bottle of wine and using some garden twine made a hand-tie. Sweet peas are very easy to tie because of the woody, straight stems. You just have to be careful not to knock the flowers off. I lost a few which was no big deal.




The birthday girl was very pleased and said that the sweet peas made her house smell beautiful for a week and brightened up her living room.

Little Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment