Saturday 8 November 2014

LATEST FINDS VI

The house is slowly coming together. We have been in it almost a year and we are just finishing off the last room. Doing up a house (even just cosmetically) takes a lot more work and time than I envisaged. Standing back and looking at the finished result makes it worth it though.

My love affair with brown objects seems to be growing. My parents found this rather lovely vase for me. It has a slight lustre to it which makes it even better! It was perfect for the dried hydrangea that my Mother-in-law gave me from her garden. I REALLY need to grow a hydrangea but the slugs love them. I have 10cm mammoth slugs in my garden so if anyone has any tips for getting rid of them!



The fashion for all things tin seems to still be going strong. There are some great tin advertising signs about and some lovely tin boxes. Got to watch out for dodgy reproductions! I fancy these two for sale at the moment on ebay: French Tin Candle Box and Mabel Lucie Attwell Tin SignTempted as I am by them, I found this beautifully decorated 'Parkinsons Confectionary' tin in Lincolnshire for a tenner. If you're ever up that way Horncastle is brilliant for antique shops.






Happy Hunting in Horncastle!

No comments:

Post a Comment