Sunday 12 October 2014

LATEST FINDS IV: DESCENT INTO KITSCH

A slight(ly huge) hiatus in blogging. Sorry about that! The house is progressing nicely and I thought I'd share a couple of lovely items recently purchased from eBay. I suspect we have passed by vintage and retro and are heading down the difficult road to full on kitsch with my latest items. Kitsch is difficult to control. I now have the overwhelming urge to fill my house with brightly coloured plastic animals and have a slight obsession with wall mounted flying birds. Oh god help me. The first, a flying saucer like fifties (?) lampshade for the spare room.


Then we have THE BEST LAMP EVER. We found the spun fibre glass lampshade in the loft and already had it on a very dodgy base...but then perhaps this new one is even dodgier? 



Who couldn't love dried flowers and a shell suspended to perfection in resin?

Of course a shopping spree wouldn't be complete without another broken vintage clock. This is a westclox cream enamelled metal case with curved glass, complete with originally complicated winding mechanism. It tick tocks so we keep it wound down.





Happy Hunting!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13009319/?claim=dh6948ztw57">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. The lampshade goes well with the lamp base. I love it!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so. It was so lucky. Complete shot in the dark! xx

    ReplyDelete