Friday 11 July 2014

LATEST FINDS III: IN THE PINK

Life has been totally crazy recently hence the lack of posts. End of summer term always tends to consume what little time left over. I have been meaning to share these three items for a while. I definitely would NOT consider myself girly in any way, but I seem to be gradually turning my bedroom into a pink boudoir! Next post I will have painted it soft pink and bought a mirrored dressing table complete with feather boa flung over the top and Martini glass on the side. I've always wanted one of those fantastic vintage gauzy dressing gowns and slip on high-heeled slippers. They even make rollers look glamorous! Okay, perhaps I am secretly a little girly :)



So, first we have a thirties pink glass lamp shade. After falling in love with my blue one (Latest Finds II) I couldn't help getting another. Then comes the slightly crazy bedside cabinet. I was assured that a crazy person has not attacked it with spray gold paint and this is how it would've been originally. I've got used to it and now quite like the gold.


Finally, one of my all time favourite items in the whole world. This has been my bedside lamp since I was about fourteen and had pride of place in my beautiful childhood home. A home I miss like mad now so this is even more precious. The only thing I haven't managed to do is find a fitting lampshade for this glorious base. That's next on my list.



Oh how I love you lamp!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely exquisite! needs an equally elegant lampshade, but they are difficult to find. Have you thought of making one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've been looking out for the right one for years now. Making one is a very good idea! I can start keeping an eye out for great vintage fabrics now. Wouldn't take much fabric I assume :D A perfect project.

    ReplyDelete