Friday 18 January 2013

EASY PITA BREADS

Today ended up being a snow day in the West Midlands so I had pretty much the whole day off. I got restless pretty quickly waiting to cook my sprats so I decided to have a look online and find some baking to do. Pinterest offered the answer (obviously). 

I decided to have a go at this recipe: http://www.underthehighchair.com/2009/04/diy-pita-bread.html. This blog is lovely and has loads of ideas with stunning pictures.




TIPS AND TWEAKS

These pita breads are incredibly easy and if you don't have the fancy machinery (dough hook and the like) it still works!

I started with the mixture of warm water and yeast mentioned in the recipe and then added the flour in two batches and kneaded by hand on a floured work surface. The resulting rounds are shown above. I think that I should have rolled them thinner and maybe made more than six, as suggested in the recipe as they were BIG.

The finished results were great. They are seriously the most entertaining things I have ever cooked. I shrieked 'They're rising!!' to Mr F and he came running thinking I'd burnt myself!


I would definitely recommend giving these a go. They are 10 times better than shop bought and I got them made in half an hour. Yay!






Happy Experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment